Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sad news...

Well, I'm feeling well enough at the moment to get online and post a little update. I'm sorry to be sharing sad news but I am in the midst of a miscarriage. The miscarriage began in earnest Wednesday (yesterday) afternoon and it continues still. I've never been though this before so I'm uncertain about how long to let things go naturally before I consent to a D&C. We're kind of winging it at this point but I am getting some good advice from friends who have been there.

Apparently this baby's purpose was not to live in this world. His/her short presence in my life certainly came and blessed me during a difficult time in my life and perhaps that was the baby's purpose all along. Maybe I'll never really get to see God's plan and purpose in this situation but it is enough for me to know that God DOES have a plan and a purpose and I have every hope in that. I see His hand all the time even from my limited vantage point.

I have to refer to a really great song that I posted about recently. Here's the first stanza of that song:

I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know that at His right hand
Is One Who is my Savior!

Isn't that such a great thing? He is my Saviour. His grace is sufficient. He is in control. He has a plan. He knows where He wants me to be and He knows how to get me there. All I have to do is trust Him. He'll take care of the rest. That's awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, and I know "I'm sorry" isn't the best thing I can say but honestly I don't know what to say. You'll be in our prayers.

Sheila said...

Oh Cindee, I'm sorry for your hurt and your pain. I'm glad you can turn to God and declare His Goodness even though it is hard to understand His ways.