Thursday, March 22, 2007

OB Appointment #1 & Nausea

I don't want to tempt fate, but since I don't really believe in that sort of thing I'll just go ahead. For all of my former pregnancies I have been super sick to severely sick. This pregnancy (so far) not so much. I get to feeling a bit queasy sometimes when I haven't have enough food recently or when I haven't had enough protein, but it's been SO manageable! At this point last pregnancy I was having debilitating sickness. I couldn't get out of bed and I was miserable and depressed. Of course, instead of being thankful, I find myself looking the gift horse in the mouth and worrying that everything isn't okay! Silly, I know! Maybe my really sick time is still coming and maybe, just maybe, I'll escape it this time. That would be so wonderful. The only bad thing about avoiding the sickness is that I'm missing out on the initial weight loss that I usually experience. That sure comes in handy toward the end of the pregnancy. Maybe I concentrate too much on those numbers.

My first ob. appt. was:

March 8, 2007 - 1:10 pm - Julie Stevens, CNRP
7 weeks, 4 days

Weight: XXX (Ha! I'm not telling this time either!)
Blood Pressure: 104/78
Baby's Heartrate: 162
Bloodtest: No results yet except that my thyroid levels are "within normal limits". I'm praying that there will be no anti-C antigen detected in my bloodwork this time. The anti-c antigen problem is hard to describe and I haven't been able to find a simple explanation online. Basically it's similar to an Rh factor problem. Last time it was detected and made my doctor want to check my blood at EVERY VISIT (which I just love). It never ended up being a problem but it was just something she wanted to keep an eye on. Eventually it was no longer detectable in my blood and enough time passed that she wasn't worried anymore. If anti-c DOES become a problem it means that the mother's body recognizes the baby as a foreign object and attacks it! Freaky! Anyway, I'm praying that it doesn't even come up this time.

WARNING - Possible TMI (too much information) ahead:

I had an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. We really couldn't determine a due date based on my cycle because I've only had 2 semi-regular cycles since Abby was born. One at the end of November and one at the beginning of January. (Breastfeeding is awesome!) So for lack of that kind of information I got to have an ultrasound and see the little blur they say is the baby. :-)

The next appointment was to be in 4 weeks but I made it 5 weeks. Because I'm obstinate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are lucky. I breastfed Little King until 11 months old but I think I started my period again when he was like 3 or 4 months old. Yeah, it didn't keep my cycle away! Grr.

For me pregnancy is the only thing. YEAH

Cindee said...

My first one was when she was 11 months old which is when I introduced solid food. I think maybe that was it, but I don't know for sure. I'll watch after this next one and see if the same things happens.

Amy said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope all goes well for you!

Amy