Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WFMW - Line Drying Towels

Do you line dry towels and find them rather stiff and abrasive? Well, I learned a trick from my mom. Throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes on the no-heat setting, THEN hang them on the line. Ten minutes is enough to fluff them up and remove the wrinkles from the spin cycle and you still get the sweet smell of line drying and you've still reduced your energy usage.

Check out what works for others at the Works For Me Wednesday home: Rocks In My Dryer.

*************************************************
My previous WFMW posts:
Brand Loyalty
Breakfast Menu
Rinsing Toddler Hair
Measuring Honey & Molasses
Precooking Hamburger
Holey Jeans, Batman?!
Cleaning out the fridge
Trimming Baby Nails

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Sis. I guess I never heard that one from Mom!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Yes - I do this, too! I always loved the smell of linens coming in from the outdoors, but I hated the stiff crunchiness. Love this tip!

Gayle said...

Ok, you're a genius. I love to line dry my stuff, mostly cuz it's thrifty and I feel like Caroline Ingalls, but I really dislike when my towels feel like sandpaper and will barely bend to be folded. Can't wait to try this, thanks!