Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WFMW - Breakfast Menu

This week's Works For Me Wednesday is a repost of this week's Menu Plan Monday (hosted by Laura at Organizing Junkie)

Since I participate in Menu Plan Monday's hosted by Organizing Junkie, I thought I'd also share my breakfast menu plan.

I have the same menu planned for each week. It's such a time saver to have breakfast always already decided. I love auto-pilot!!



Monday- Bagels & Fruit
Tuesday- Cold Cereal
Wednesday- Waffles or Pancakes
Thursday- Eggs & Toast (sometimes bacon or sausage too)
Friday- Hot Cereal

Sometimes the menu gets varied because I forgot to get a package of bagels out of the freezer or forgot to put some needed item on my shopping list. Sometimes the days get mixed up because I wake up and start making eggs only to be told by my kids that it's Wednesday and they were really looking forward to waffles. Oops! For the most part, however, it works out really nicely and everyone here is pretty happy with it.


See what works for others at Rocks In My Dryer.

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

I love it! We have our standard too

Monday - Cold Cereal
Tuesday - Smooties and Muffins
Wednesday - Eggs & Toast
Thursday - Oatmeal again
Friday - Pancakes

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yes, Monday Plan Mondays work for me too!

The Proverbs Wife said...

I am glad that you guys have a system. I have about 25-30 breakfast meals that I rotate in and out to keep up variety.

I tried having a consistent menu but the kids became bored with oatmeal every Monday.They like surprises and trying new recipes. And since they help in the kitchen I don't mind.

Great post and a great idea.