Wednesday, August 02, 2006

WFMW - Cleaning out the fridge

I don't always take the time to do this, but I'm sure happy about it when I do.

BEFORE I go grocery shopping, when my refrigerator is at it's lowest inventory, I go through it and toss out any outdated or spoiled foods. I wipe out the drawers and clean the shelves and glass. This time I had just gotten back from being out of town for 9 days so there was precious little in the fridge. I took out the bins and shelves and washed them in the sink. (I rarely take it this far but the cleaning bug bit big time once I got started.)

THEN I go grocery shopping. It's really nice to come back and restock my very clean fridge! I'm including a picture because it's the best it's looked in a while and the best it's going to look for a while to come I imagine.

Works for me (when I do it)!

Check out other tips at Shannon's blog, Rocks In My Dryer.

9 comments:

Beck said...

That's a good idea. Generally, I take the "Letting my fridge return to nature" approach, which is stinky and vile. Maybe I'll try this cleaning thing you speak of!

Anonymous said...

Good idea!

Unknown said...

I was just doing some cleaning out today. The shelves are sticky, but I don't have time to mess with that now. What a great idea, though, to clean it out before a big shopping trip--duh on me!

Susanne said...

And it does look great! So much easier to wipe out when near empty!

Anonymous said...

that is a great idea!

Shawna said...

That is a really good tip. I think your fridge is just like mine! :0)

Shawna said...

You have a very cool site!

Lori said...

Great idea. Yumm lets see what is for dinner?? =)))

Susanne said...

My fridge needs cleaning SO bad, so you've inspired me!!