Friday, April 06, 2007

Still Going

I have to say that I feel perfectly lousy. This business of miscarrying "naturally" is the pits. I'm living on Advil and Vicoden. I'm still in favor of avoiding having a D&C but it sure does take longer this way. I'm not convinced that things are really okay so (thanks to the prodding of my mom) I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and insist that I be seen to rule out the possibility of an infection. I called my doctor today (yesterday, really, because it's after midnight now...) and recited my list of symptoms. She assured me that all of it was within the realm of normal but I'm just not feeling "right". You know what I mean? I don't have any experience with this but I'm going with my intuition. My list of symptoms, if you're interested, follows. If you not interested, I don't blame you. Just move right along and listen to some nice music on my sidebar. It really is more pleasant!!

**Warning-- Gross details ahead!

For the past three days:
1.) low back pain, dull and achy
2.) severe, horrendous headache (add to that, significant visual disturbances tonight for about 20-30 minutes)
3.) continued bleeding (that reeks. sorry if I'm being too gross !)
4.) sharp, sharp pain in my lower abdomen and right under my sternum that gets worse as the day progresses

I've had no fever but I also had a post-partum infection for 3 months (back in 1996) without a fever so I don't think that's a good indicator to me. I'm perfectly willing to wait this out several more days if that's what it takes and I'm also perfectly willing to go in and have a D&C if that's what is necessary. I just need to figure out what the "right" thing is so I can go do it. I'm going to tell them that I need a blood test or something to see if I need antibiotics or to try to figure out what's going on.

Pray for wisdom. And patience.

4/6/07 - 9:41 am - Updated to say that my doctor called me back this morning and she is prescribing some antibiotics. I hope this does the trick...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry! You'll be in my prayers.