Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bucking the system

I know it’s pretty pathetic that this makes me feel good. It’s really a pretty small thing, but for me, right now, it feels kinda big. I called yesterday and cancelled my BIG ultrasound. Why? Because I don’t want to do it. Because I don’t HAVE to do it. I mean, really, they work for me. Right? Who’s in charge here the employer or the employee? I am all for demedicalizing pregnancy & childbirth. I’m taking my stand (puny though it is). This is my fourth pregnancy and it’s taken me THIS LONG to take control of my own pregnancy. For those who know what I rebel I can sometimes be, this should come as no surprise. Though it surprises me now to see how long this took. I wonder what I'll do next?

3 comments:

Juliabohemian said...

I thought you already said you weren't interested in finding out the sex of your baby. They can't make you have the ultrasound, can they. Although they do check the development of all the organs at that point, don't they? Or is that earlier?

Cindee said...

This would have been the ultrasound where they would check out all the inner workings of the baby. And, no, I don't think they can make me have the ultrasound. I'll see how my appointment goes tomorrow.

jaymarie said...

i see how it can feel like a big thing... way to go with your intuition instead of the institution. more power to the mommies!