Friday, June 20, 2008

Today's Doctor's Appointment

Well, I didn't have my OB appointment today. I was running late and I called the doctor's office from my car (yes, while I was driving) and said that I would probably be about 10 minutes late for my appointment. The receptionist checked the schedule and told me that I would have to reschedule for next week. Arrgh. On one hand I was irritated but on the other hand I don't like going anyway so it's not so bad to put it off for another week. On the other hand, I was irritated. She asked when looked good for rescheduling next week. I said afternoons are best and any afternoon would do. She asked if 11:40 a.m. would work. I condesendingly sweetly replied that that was actually still morning NOT afternoon and I was thinking sometime after 3pm. So... now I have an appointment for NEXT Friday at 3:40 pm. I'll make a better effort to arrive on time!!

If only real midwives could deliver in the hospitals here and insurance would pay for it! Sigh.

cartoon source: http://www.mediclicks.net/nexium/cartoons.asp?i=46

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I know what you mean about those appointments! Once I heard the heartbeat, and got to see the baby on ultrasound, these appointments got really annoying- I know she's just gonna check my urine, listen for the heartbeat, measure me, and ask if I have any questions. You know what I could do with the hour and a half (with driving time) those visits take? Grrrr!

I'm sorry your midwife can't deliver where you are! I never really thought about that- mine will deliver at the hospital we've chosen, and I'm so grateful.
Praying for you! :)