Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thirty Years

Thirty years ago tonight, while I was sleeping, my life was forever changed.  For the first time ever, I suddenly and violently lost a friend.  He was 22.  His death was the catalyst that brought me to where I am today.  I don't think I'd be the person I am, or be living the life I live today, or even living in my current location if it wasn't for that horrible moment...
12:44 am, Tuesday morning, April 12th, 1988.  42nd & Smith Way, Springfield, Oregon.

I'm thankful that God is in the business of building newness from ashes and turning our mourning into laughter. (You had the best laugh!)  I'm thankful for the hope of heaven and for blessed reunions.

I can't believe it's been thirty years.  Amazing.  I miss you, John. I'll never forget.

 
 
Engagement Picture
John Cole Harris - 1965-1988 - Gone too soon
Catch ya later!

No comments: