Friday, January 05, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

We are home from our eight days in Oregon. Actually we have been home for five days but I'm just now getting around to blogging. The house is still in disarray from our travel. I'm just now doing the first load of clothing laundry. I did some towels and sheets earlier this week but now the clothing HAS to be washed. We will start school again Monday. I was going to start yesterday (Thursday) but I decided against it.

I had a wonderful time in Oregon. I went out to dinner with my friend of 29 years and I didn't have to feed anyone but myself. That was nice! We went to Los Dos Amigos Hacienda and I had some VERY YUMMY chicken tortilla soup. Best I've ever had. And it's in Oregon- 480 miles from me. ARRRGH!

I got to spend (too little) time with my sister and her family. I got to spend time with my grandmas. I got to spend time with my brother and his family and see their new house. Cute place.

We celebrated Abby's first birthday there. She had her first cake which she tasted and then promptly dropped on the floor. We couldn't get her very interested in eating it. Good girl! She did blow out her own birthday candle, though. We were very impressed! I have a great video of it on my mom's camera. When I get it from here I'll share it here. For now, here are some birthday photos:



We went to a nice Christmas Eve service at my parents' church and my two older kids dressed up for a little live nativity scene as part of the program. I fell asleep nursing Abby in the cry room! I did see most of the program though.

We gave and received too many presents. Ate too much pie. Got too little sleep. Had a ball. Mostly. My dad has shingles and is pretty miserable. Poor guy! Hopefully he will be feeling MUCH better, very quickly!

Enjoy some of my miscellaneous Christmas photos:



It's time now for me to get back to work although I'd much prefer continuing to dink around on the computer!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute. when do you have (or do you plan having) birthday parties for her with a bday of Dec 24? BTW- is her name Abigail? That's the girl name we have picked out, not sure on boy. Maybe possibly Levi Matthew after the disciple. Anyway, I don't know...thought I'd ask.

Cindee said...

Kili-
For the first few years we will have family birthday celebrations on the afternoon of her b-day. This is what we have done with Adam too. I've learned that I like to keep it simple and not set a precedent that's hard to keep up with over the years. With our first two kids it seemed like the parties kept getting bigger (and more expensive) each year plus I don't like putting pressure on anyone to supply the kids with more stuff. ANYWHOOO, when Abigail (yes, that's her full name) gets to the point of wanting to have a friend or friends over to celebrate we may start celebrating her half birthday with a party/sleepover in June. That's just my idea for now. We'll see how it pans out in the end.

BTW, Matthew was the boy name we had picked when I was pregnant with Abby. (But I wanted it to be Levi! Funny, eh?)