Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's Been A Year...

...since my friends' son died. June 28, 2005. He was only 21.

When I first moved to Idaho Jaye was four years old. I babysat his brother and him a few times. Took them to Chuck E. Cheese. Borrowed their mom as my mom-away-from-home. Let them practice their 'videography' on my camcorder. Watched them grow up.

Went to his big brother's wedding three years ago this coming September. Listened as Jaye gave an emotional best-man speech for Jared and Jaimi.

Ran into him at the grocery store and chatted one day.

Went to his memorial service three weeks later.

I'm happy I knew him. I'm sad he's gone.

******************************************************
A beautifully written obituary. It's worth your time to read it.
(If the link expires, you may read the obituary here.)

No comments: