Thursday, June 08, 2006

Frugal Gourmets

I just had to share that tonight we went out to dinner at Golden Corral. Seeing the HUGE TUREEN of fruit that my son, Padawan, had acquired for himself (it's a buffet restaurant), I mentioned that it's not that as a family of six we can't afford to go out to dinner, it's that we can't afford NOT to. That boy is going to eat us out of house and home! "Eat up", I said. "This food's got to last you a week!" Then Jim said what will now be our catch phrase when eating out at AYCE buffets: "Leave with your mouth full!"

BTW, Padawan ate every last bite of that fruit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. You have such a wonderful uplifting approach to life, and your love for your family is heart warming. You remind me a lot of my sister, another woman who has choose to follow God. People like the two of you make me want to go to church on Sunday. Thanks for giving us all a peek into your world.

Stephanie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE GOLDEN CORRAL...my hubby, not so much...

I love their steak night...they really have awesome steak and it's all you can eat!

Cute story!

:-)