Saturday, August 13, 2005

Zero Fallout

The sky didn't fall. There was no flack to be had over my
declining the ultrasound. It was great. The doctor just said,
"So you don't want to have any ultrasound at all then?"
I said not unless there was some particular problem that seems to
warrent it. The end. No problem. I then was emboldend to say that
I would also not be having the glucose screening test that was
due to happen at my next visit. She asked if I'd ever had
gestational diabetes and I answered no. Then she asked about the
weights of my previous babies, she looked at my chart and her
eyes widened and she breathed "oh!" I said she must
have looked at the weight of my last baby first! She had. Here
are the stats:

Baby #1: 7 lbs 9 oz. - 8 hour labor
Baby #2: 8 lbs 15 oz. - 6 hour labor
Baby #3: 9 lbs 9 oz. - 2 hour labor

I kind of figure that THIS baby will be about 10 1/2 pounds
and will be born in the car on the freeway. Guess we'll see.

No comments: