Monday, October 22, 2007

Remembering & Hoping



Yesterday I planted purple tulips and yellow daffodils. Except for a few weeds missing, the flower bed looks no different today than it did yesterday. It's full of bare-looking bark chips and fallen leaves but I know that it now holds the hope of beautiful spring flowers. The bulbs I planted will die but they do not die in vain for they will bring about beauty and I will once again see God's hand at work in His world.

Yesterday was my due date. Except for a few more lines on my face, I don't look much different than I did last year. I wear the same clothes that I wore last year and my hair looks pretty much the same but I hold in my heart a renewed hope of an eternity with my Savior. For I have died and my life is hidden with Christ in God and when Christ, who IS my life, is revealed, then I will be revealed with Him in glory. (Col. 3:3-4). When I die to myself, I do not die in vain for it will bring about Christ's perfection in me and I will once again see God's hand at work in me.


Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.
John 12:24-26

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

Roberta said...

What a sweet reminder of hope when you see those buds emerge and blossoms unfold. God is faithful!
I pray He comforts your heart.

Sunday would have been our son's 9th birthday, and Friday marks the day he returned to Jesus...this is a time of remembering and hoping in Christ for us as well.